socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

Hey Joseph I wanted to ask you I am the non offending parent

Customer Question

Hey Joseph I wanted to ask you I am the non offending parent and I have custody of my daughter I wanted to know would it be possible for me to leave the state of Florida with an DCF case still being open
Category: Family Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Different contributor here. To my knowledge, Joseph no longer answers question at justanswer.com. Please permit me to assist. Section 787.04 Fla. Stat. prohibits the removal of a minor child from the state where there is a pending investigation concerning custody or child abuse. I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using justanswer.com!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no investigation they only have it open because the mother has not completed what they have asked her to do when she made her plea bargain with the courts. I have been told that the case will be officially closed on August 14th 2015
An investigation is "pending" as long as it is open. If you remove the child from the state before the case is closed, you will violate Florida law. If you want to avoid difficulties, then you need permission from DCF or a Circuit Court judge to leave the state with the child. I realize that my answer may not be exactly what you were hoping to read. However, under the circumstances, the best that I can do is to explain what the law is and is not, so that you can avoid expending valuable resources looking for answers that do not exist, and concentrate on the options that are actually available.I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.
Hello again,
I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?
If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.
Thanks again for using justanswer.com!