Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
26296561

My childs mother is trying to get an outrageous sum of money

Customer Question

My childs mother is trying to get an outrageous sum of money from me from trial. I have to hire a lawer. Can i after the fact sue her in a civil cout to get my money back?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Can you please provide me with more details about the situation, such as the nature of the lawsuit, etc...?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My son was placed with me for a year due to domestic issues in my childs moms home. She was required to take oarenting classes to regain custody. In the meantime. While i had my son for a year. I continued to pay child support. She is now taking me to ag cout and i was told to get a lawyer. I dont make that much money. So in order for me to not go to jail i have to spend 2500 dollars on a family lawyer just to get the money i paid put towards my rears. So my question is. If i pay this lawyer 2500 dollars to not go to jail. Can i in turn sue her in a civil court to get my money back?

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, I cannot comment on your specific case, however, generally, if one parent files a frivilous claim against the other parent, which is later deemed frivilous by the judge, the parent who was subjected to such frivilous lawsuit can ask the court to impose sanctions on the parent who filed frivilous lawsuit and ask the court to award attorneys fees and any other related costs.

I wish you the best of luck!
Do you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.