Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
19958803

My son and his wife are divorced and their child turns 1 tomorrow

Customer Question

My son and his wife are divorced and their child turns 1 tomorrow he has a liver disease and has applied for disability. He is not allowed to see the child what can we do we really cannot hire a attorney
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
When they divorced, was there any type of custodial/visitation order put in place by the judge?
.
If so, was son awarded any custodial time with the child?
.
If not, why not?
.
.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes he was awarded every other Saturday and Sunday for three hours each day due to the baby being young
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Ok, if she is violating the custody order by not allowing son to see the child, then his recourse is to file a "motion for contempt" in the court that ordered the custody schedule and force the mother to appear in court and explain her willful disobedience to the judge's order.
.
He doesn't' need an attorney to file the motion and the family court clerk should have a standard template that he can use to file the motion.
.
The judge can penalize the mother for her violation by increasing son't time with the child to make up for it.
.
.
thanks