Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
18572087

Question for weekend schedule according to court order-

Customer Question

question for
weekend schedule
according to court order- the holiday weekend or three days weekend the child will extend to the parent that currently have that weekend schedule.
question is this goes holiday prior to the weekend or after the weekend.
thanks
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Three day weekends not specified in the chart above shall be spent with the parent who would normally have that weekend and the weekend shall be extended by 24 hours.
question is this after weekend or also include before the weekend like this friday as a holiday
thanks
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
The general understanding is if something is being 'extended' is that the extension occurs after the weekend such as in the case where the following Monday is a holiday. This weekend, since Friday is deemed to be a holiday for many, that day is treated as part of the 'holiday weekend' and that parent who is entitled to the weekend is able to demand custody of the child.
Sincerely,
Dimitry, Esq.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but the friday is not part of the weekend - extending the weekend is after the weekend for the weekend start saturday not fridaydidnt make sensethanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when you say able to demand doesnt mean its approved by law or mandatory-
Hi, In this situation the parties can file for a 'motion for clarification' from the courts and ask that judge interpret the language specifically. Now the common interpretation is if there is a weekend, and there is a holiday either in front or after the scheduled time, that period is added to the custodial time. But a judge may choose to interpret it differently. Sincerely, ***** *****