Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

On average how long does a child support modification

Customer Question

On average how long does a child support modification increase take in Ohio even if the other party objects. There is a documented increase in earnings by the other party.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.In a contested matter, it's likely that the modification petition will take at least 2-3 months because the objecting party will be allowed to state that objection.....and you'll then have to get a court date to argue the matter, and that will likely be the longest part or biggest factor in how long this takes. But, usually, the judge will make the modification retroactive AT LEAST back to the filing date, and sometimes beyond.