How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6390
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

On a teaching application form, we are being asked if we have

Customer Question

On a teaching application form, we are being asked if we have been a subject of a substantiated report of child abuse. If I had medical/mental issues, and protective services found that I neglected my children on an occasion over 8 years ago, does that mean I have to answer yes or no?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The forms say that I didn't take my medication and I had psychosis. I said bizarre things to my children as a result. At the time, I didn't know I needed medication. Therefore, they said my children were under threat of neglect and mental injury. I have taken very good care of my children.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been diagnosed with PTSD and Bipolar. I love my family and wish to continue teaching as a substitute teacher, which I have been doing for 6 years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My psychiatrists insists that I am now stable to teach as a substitute.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! My name is Maverick. I very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.
My suggestion is that you answer the question "No"; but attach a short explanation as you have given here and tell them that you are willing to provide supporting medical records [if needed] to back up what you have stated and in the interest of full-disclosure to the school.
Please remember to assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow-up questions thereafter at no charge. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.
If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place and still earn a positive rating from you. If you would rather obtain a refund of your deposit, just let me know and I will inform JA on your behalf. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".
Thank you for using Just Answer.

Related Family Law Questions