Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
16823287

On a teaching application form, we are being asked if we have

Customer Question

On a teaching application form, we are being asked if we have been a subject of a substantiated report of child abuse. If I had medical/mental issues, and protective services found that I neglected my children on an occasion over 8 years ago, does that mean I have to answer yes or no?
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The forms say that I didn't take my medication and I had psychosis. I said bizarre things to my children as a result. At the time, I didn't know I needed medication. Therefore, they said my children were under threat of neglect and mental injury. I have taken very good care of my children.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been diagnosed with PTSD and Bipolar. I love my family and wish to continue teaching as a substitute teacher, which I have been doing for 6 years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My psychiatrists insists that I am now stable to teach as a substitute.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! My name is Maverick. I very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.
My suggestion is that you answer the question "No"; but attach a short explanation as you have given here and tell them that you are willing to provide supporting medical records [if needed] to back up what you have stated and in the interest of full-disclosure to the school.
Please remember to assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow-up questions thereafter at no charge. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.
If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place and still earn a positive rating from you. If you would rather obtain a refund of your deposit, just let me know and I will inform JA on your behalf. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".
Thank you for using Just Answer.