Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
19958803

My ex roommate was successful in obtaining a restraining

Customer Question

My ex roommate was successful in obtaining a restraining order against me. I have moved out but I had no time to gather my belongings. What are the procedures that I need to follow and where and to whom do I need to talk to to get my possessions without
violating the order. There is a third party clause in the order soon one I know can all my ex. I am perplexed. Thanks for your help. Danielle Smith-Buisson
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can..
.
In a situation where a restraining order has been entered, but the respondent hasn't removed their personal property, they can contact the sheriff and ask for an escort to go with them to retrieve their property. As long as you have a member of law enforcement as an escort, then you wouldn't be in violation of the restraining order.
.
.
thanks