Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My wife said she is not filing divorce, at the same

Customer Question

My wife said she is not filing for a divorce, at the same time dating others. Coming in late at night. yelling and saying bad about me to the kids. She has accused me of things that I am not doing, and intentionally provoke me. Can I sue her?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard since the professional you requested is unavailable at this time.
I am sorry to hear of your situation.
You can sue her for a divorce. She can oppose it. But you can sue for divorce under Texas law based on
Sec. 6.002. CRUELTY. The court may grant a divorce in favor of one spouse if the other spouse is guilty of cruel treatment toward the complaining spouse of a nature that renders further living together insupportable.
Sec. 6.003. ADULTERY. The court may grant a divorce in favor of one spouse if the other spouse has committed adultery.
OR
Sec. 6.001. INSUPPORTABILITY. On the petition of either party to a marriage, the court may grant a divorce without regard to fault if the marriage has become insupportable because of discord or conflict of personalities that destroys the legitimate ends of the marital relationship and prevents any reasonable expectation of reconciliation.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.
​Thank you