Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My daughter married in Georgia, had a child, lived with the

Customer Question

My daughter married in Georgia, had a child, lived with the husband for three years. During those years she would not allow us to see the child. After three years she decided she did not want to be with the husband anymore and asked me if she could come be with me in Texas. I said yes and helped her. She abandoned everything she and the baby had and came to Texas. She has lived with me for three years, I have given her everything including a car, for her to be able to work, and make a life. Recently she met a man, one day she just up and left with my granddaughter. Again, abandoned everything she had here with us, no clothes, toys, personal belongings, she took absolutely nothing. Did not even explain to the daughter, who is 6, what was happening. Now she is acting like before and limiting when we see her daughter, not answering our calls, etc. Same exactly behavior she had during the first three years of my granddaughter.
During the time she has been with me, she has prevented and blocked the father from coming to see his daughter. She has treated him and his family the same way that she treated us when she was with them.
We don't really know who the new man in her life is, only that he lives in the country, with his parents who are sick, a brother with a criminal background, a sister in law and now my daughter and granddaughter.
We are devastated to the point of getting sick, is there anything we can do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  joelaws8 replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon. I am sorry to hear that you are going through such a tough time. My name is***** am a Texas licensed attorney, and I am happy to help you find the information you are looking for.But first, I need some more information. 1.) Did she obtain a divorce decree from the Florida court, Texas court, or neither. 2.) Has a Texas court issued an order regarding the child? Has any other state? If so, what was the last state to render an order regarding the child?3.) Is she still residing in Texas? Thank you for the rest of the information and I look forward to assisting you.