Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I got divorced a year ago and knew my wife committed adultery

Customer Question

I got divorced a year ago and knew my wife committed adultery with several men. This wasn't brought up in the initial divorce. Can I reopen the divorce based on the adultery?
She was the one that filed for divorce and I was a nice guy and let her have it. Now I want to reopen It so I can get what I deserved based on here immoral actions. I live in Ohio.
Thank You,
Jeff
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. If the divorce has already been granted, then it would not be possible to re-oen the case based on this information UNLESS it wasn't known at the time and your ex concealed it/defrauded you and the court. However, if you knew about it and just didn't raise it, you should be barred from re-doing the divorce and property settlement agreement.