Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My husband and i have lived together years and we

Customer Question

my husband and i have lived together for four years and we just got married he wants to adopt my oldest daughter her father is willing to give up his rights just not willing to go to court to do so. we live in Mendocino county CA
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi- my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. You and your husband can file a petition for adoption and to terminate the father's parental rights, and the father can sign a joinder, waiver and entry of appearance agreeing to the termination of his rights and consent to adoption....and he likely won't have to go to court.....but you and our husband will.