TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I would like to know if it's even possible to ask to have the

Customer Question

I would like to know if it's even possible to ask to have the parental rights of my daughter's father terminated. As of August 24, it will be two years since he's seen her. He does not ask about her, doesn't recognize holidays or birthdays. He has my phone number and knows where we live. He has also looked into it as he told me I could have filed after six months of him not seeing or caring for her....
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. No, I'm sorry to say that you cannot get a court to remove the father's parental rights. The law simply does not allow it, except in cases where a stepparent will adopt your child (and the father agrees to the adoption).I am truly sorry that my answer may be bad news for you, but please understand that it would be unfair to you (and unprofessional of me) to provide you with anything less than an honest response. However, if your concerns were not satisfactorily addressed, then please let me know, and I will be happy to clarify my answer.