How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 26299
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A girl came into my son's life who claimed her pregnancy is

Customer Question

a girl came into my son's life who claimed her pregnancy is his child. She (Ashley, the one who was pregnant) comes from a very poor family. She needed an out from her household situation. So she moves into my son's house because my son is going to do the right thing and raise his son. We never got a paternity test but are now considering it because this uncle that lived in her "poor" household with her wants to see the baby every Saturday. He seems to have an "over the top" interest in seeing the 2 year old boy and it is very suspicious. The baby has my son's name but if we find that through this paternity test that it truly isn't my son's baby (who my son absolutely loves) what rights do we have. My son is raising this child and wants the child but does this "uncle" have any rights to seeing him or taking him away. I'm sure he cant afford to keep the child. So he has the best of both worlds--sees the child on Saturdays without paying for any rights. Concerned Mom
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. No, the Uncle has no legal right to just see the child. Unless the mother or your son allows him and gives him permission, he has no legal right to the child. Now, if your son does have concern, he can submit to a paternity test with the child, to determine if he is the biological father. Once those results are know, actions and a decision can be made at that point. However, your son does not have to submit to this and he can simply tell the Uncle and the mother that he does not want his child around the baby. Unless the Uncle gets a court order or the mother fights him on this, he does not have to allow it.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Related Family Law Questions