Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My wife had been awarded permanent alimony because she has

Customer Question

My wife had been awarded permanent alimony because she has an anxiety disorder. I have been paying for 15 years and now I find that she is in a nursing home and most likely not getting out. I do not believe that she is getting the money as nursing homes generally take all assets. Is it likely that I could get the alimoney terminated. (or at least reduced) I also am reequired to maintain a life insurance policy with her as the benificiary. She had recieved 65% of my pension and now when I retire my pension will about equal the alimonyleaving me with my SS to live on.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Optional Information:
Country relating to Question: United States
State (if USA): Pennsylvania
What have you tried so far?: I talked with a lawyer who basicly told me that permenant means permanant so there is little to no chance for it to be changed. Should I find another lawyer or save my money.

Response: Save your money. The alimony amount cannot be terminated or reduced.