Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

What can I do to get the child

Customer Question

Hello, my name is Dorothy. What can I do to get the child and protective services to help my 3 yr old great-grandchild. Her mother (my granddaughter) and her boyfriend (father of the child) are in a very abusive relationship, both physical, mentally and both are drug addicts. Several police reports have been made and phone calls by my family to CPS and out of the all the reports only 1 was assigned to a case worker, who has blinders on. Today, we had a phone tele-conference with the case worker, my granddaughter, her boyfriend and my sister. My sister told of several instances that she has been involved with them in abusive situations with the child in the home. The child was found walking outside after dark wearing nothing but a diaper and someone called the police, parents never knew she was gone. Now today, all CPS is suggesting is AA meeting (it is drugs not alcohol) and granddaughter is positive for several opiates in her urine. The child is now with father's sister, but just temporarily. We are at our wits end. I would appreciate any advice you can provide. Thank you
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon. Is this your second time asking this question? I thought I previous responded and just want to clarify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it is but thought I was going to chat with someone
Not a problem. We can chat.
Did you read my previous answer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am unable at this time to chat, will try at another time. Thank you for your patience.
Ok, please let me know. I will be here to help.