Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My son is 10 and is in need of someone to speak because

Customer Question

My son is 10 and is in need of someone to speak for him because the law states he is not of age to speak for himself. My ex husband and I are going through a child custody battle and our son is the one suffering, he is in need of counseling and his dad refuse to allow him to get it even though I have signed him up two times to get help so he can become successful and not angry through all of this. I am not sure what to do or turn to, but I know that I must keep trying to help my son
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
If there is a Court Order and the Father is not following it, then you should go to the clerk of the court and ask for documents to file a Contempt of Court proceeding.
Also a Motion can be filed for your son to have legal counsel to represent his best interests in the matter and the court can order a Guardian Ad Litem be appointed to represent the interests of your son.