Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

I have filed , the childrens mom has given me a

Customer Question

I have filed for custody, the childrens mom has given me a written statement saying she agrees to give me full custody as long as she can visit. Is it still necessary for me to obtain an attorney?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
I suggest, you do not need a local attorney if both of you have agreed/stipulated that you will be the sole custodial parent.
You can bring that written statement to the court and tell the court that there is no objections and you have the Affidavit/statement - be sure that is signed by your wife in front of a Notary so the court will have no question. Or if the Mother is going to be present at the hearing, she can attest that she is in agreement.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.
​Thank you