Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
26798026

In Arizona, (Maricopa), I need to file an objection to notice

Customer Question

In Arizona, (Maricopa), I need to file an objection to notice of lodging a property settlement agreement and decree. I need to know where to obtain the resource to have the step by step process. I've already tried the Arizona Family Law Court Site. I have it prepared and ready to go but I just don't know the how... Please Advise Barb G.
Scottsdale, Az.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Barb, My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today. All you have to do is walk the paperwork into the clerk of the court's office and tell them that you'd like to lodge it. There should be a certificate of service somewhere in the paperwork - many forms come pre-printed with it at the end. Otherwise, you can use this form:http://justicecourts.maricopa.gov/Forms/8150-021_G-CertificateofService.pdf Most people serve the other party by regular mail, and that's fine. You do have to send copies of everything you're giving to the court. As long as all the paperwork is in order, you just give it to the clerk and they will stamp it and add it to the docket. If you're not able to go to the courthouse, then you have the ability to send a letter to the clerk of court, with the documents you're seeking to lodge, saying something like "Please accept the enclosed documents for lodging in Case number ***** Party A. v. Party B." If you enclose a second copy of the documents and a self-addressed stamped envelope, they will stamp it for you and send it back so you know it's filed. If the property settlement and decree you're filing are from a foreign judgment, then there is a fee. This table has the current fees for Maricopa County.http://www.clerkofcourt.maricopa.gov/FC-FeeSchedule.htm If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. If I did not address the specific thing that you wanted to know, it may not have come across clearly to me, so please restate that question. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.