Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
19958803

I am in the process of filing , the only property

Customer Question

I am in the process of filing for Divorce, the only property was acquired prior to the marriage and all 401k and debt was established before the marriage, does this all need to be listed in the paperwork if we are not splitting anything? Just leaving with what is ours?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
.
Yes, those assets would need to be listed along with all marital assets according to PA law.
.
Rule 1920.33. Joinder of Related Claims. Distribution of Property. Enforcement.
.
(b) Within the time required by order of court or written directive of the master or, if none, at least sixty days before the scheduled hearing on the claim for the determination and distribution of property, each party shall file and serve upon the other party a pre-trial statement. The pre-trial statement shall include the following matters, together with any additional information required by special order of the court:
(1) a list of assets, which may be in chart form, specifying
(i) the marital assets, their value, the date of the valuation, whether any portion of the value is non-marital, and any liens or encumbrances thereon; and
(ii) the non-marital assets, their value, the date of the valuation, and any liens or encumbrances thereon;
.
.
So you have to disclose everything, marital or separate.
.
.
thanks