Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I want to relinquishing custody of my grandson in the state

Customer Question

I want to relinquishing custody of my grandson in the state of North Carolina. I live in Maryland. I was granted legal custody on March 25, 2015 from the Department of social services. The judge in NC will revisit the custody agreement on August 18, 2015. My grandson is out of control. I contacted the social worker in NC and she stated that I have legal custody of him and that I am responsible for his well being.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. Are you asking whether you can relinquish custody before the August court hearing?
2. Were you appointed the legal Guardian over your grandson?
3. Your grandson is with you in MD but it was the NC court which granted you guardianship, correct?
Doug