ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

The executor, of my father estate, distributed person perporty

Customer Question

the executor, of my father estate, distributed person perporty to someone that was not on the will. question is, who do i file a small claims against; the executor or the person that physical have the items?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. It would be against the executor. That would be the wrongful conduct. Now if the recipient knew or reasonably should have known that he/she was receiving goods that should not have been given to him/her, then there could be a case against that person (and you could sue both). But the primary case (if not only case) would be against the executor. Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!
I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know.If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!