FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

I need to change my name on my marriage license, how do

Customer Question

Hi, I need to change my name on my marriage license, how do I do this? I was married in Horry county, South Carolina
Submitted: 1 year ago via USmarriagelaws.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. To amend or change any information on a marriage certificate you need to visit the Probate Court in the county where the marriage occurred. As such, you will need to speak with the clerk of court in Horry county, in the Probate Division and ask them for the form you can fill out and file to start the process.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!