Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My brother who lives in Little Rock AR, signed in the divorce

Customer Question

My brother who lives in Little Rock AR, signed in the divorce that he would pay for his twin boys college, and he does not have enough money to even live on. What Can he do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.In order to avoid being held in contempt of court for failing to comply with the order, your brother is likely going to have to file a motion to amend the order and ask the court to discharge him of this duty. He'll have to be able to prove that his financial situation has changed and that he can't afford to pay, etc.....and if the judge is satisfied with his testimony and proof, the judge can allow the modification.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
But, if he doesn't file a motion to amend the order, the court will hold him to the obligations in the order.