Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

Looks like I am going to give up my Marketplace insurance and

Customer Question

Looks like I am going to give up my Marketplace insurance and stick with the VA. So what happens to the premiums that I have paid. Will I have to pay those back. Also the $18,000 BCBS has paid the VA this year for me. Will I have to pay that back.
Also do you know how I can make contact with my Congressman not just his circular file?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you paid your premiums on the insurance you had coverage and what they paid is what they paid. You need to look at the cancellation clause in your particular policy, because it may prevent cancellation until the enrollment period, but either way whatever they paid during your policy coverage period you do not have to repay because you paid premiums during that time.

As far as your congressman, aside from their office addresses listed on the Congressional website or catching them at their local office when they are there, there really are no other ways. From what we see, most congressional offices are responsive, but you get replies from a staff member unfortunately, so unless you can catch one of them at an event there really are no other ways to get in touch with them.