Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My husband and I are going through a divorce. He withdrew

Customer Question

My husband and I are going through a divorce. He withdrew money from out joint bank account without my knowledge I had a pre-nup that had 10,000.00 protected by the pre-nup. Then after marriage I had put him on the account. I have always been the bread
winner in the family so to speak. Can I request that he return $10,000.00 that was under the pre-nup? Or can he do that because it was a joint account at that time.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; (B) f you receive a phone call offer while we chat, know that this is an automated test feature the site is running. Due to possible ethical issues, the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I normally decline them. Unless the phone call offer you receive literally states "THIS OFFER IS FROM ELY" (which means I personally initiated it), please do not entertain any such offer; and (C) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
Can you please tell me specifically what the prenup said about the $10,000? Or simply upload the prenup? See here on how to do so.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has the account number and the amount of $10,000.00 that was in the account prior to the marriage. This is when it was only in my name. And he signed the pre-nup. After marriage I changed it to a joint account. He then withdrew $12,100.00 from the account without my knowledge. In the pre-nup it has all the account numbers, the amounts and whom ever the accounts were with. The pre-nup reads at the time the pre-nup was draw-up that there was $10,000.00 in that account. Can I ask for $10,000.00 back because it was covered?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Is there any way I can see the verbiage, verbatim? This is very important...