Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
26798026

How do I evict my 37 year old daughter from my home in ohi

Customer Question

how do I evict my 37 year old daughter from my home in ohio
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
A landlord is allowed to terminate a tenancy by giving 30 days written notice. Ohio Rev. Code, Section 5321.17. If she's living there with your consent, she's considered a tenant. The notice you gave her is still valid - ripping it up doesn't give her a right to stay longer.
If you're concerned about being able to prove that she received notice, you can hand her another in front of a witness who will testify for you. You're allowed to place it at her feet if she refuses to take it.
As long as you gave her at least 30 days notice, on the 31st day, you can go to the courthouse and file papers for eviction. If she still doesn't leave after you get a court order, the sheriff will forcibly remove her from the premises, and you can change the locks.
The housing court in your area should have forms you can file to start the case.
If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.