Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Stroke victum taken care of by husband Of 43 years. He gets

Customer Question

Stroke victum taken care of by husband Of 43 years. He gets sick and can not care for her so he takes both and moves in with daughter. He has been taking care of all finial matter for eight years since stroke. Both husband and wife have been living off of social security and recently his VA benefits. Her social security is $ 600 a month and his is now over $2,000. We lost our home of which she had paid off and a couple of days out of the hospital he said we needed to refinance to pay bills,so I agreed. He lost his job after working over twenty-five years for the same company. She had inherited some money and since we were losing the house it wa decided by both to buy a camper and truck and travel. After a year he decided to come home and left me with my daughter. The camper and truck along with by family belongings sold she paid for. We are on fair terms and now I hear from him that we can get a divorce so I can have Medicare and some one would be able to come and take care of me. He and a male friend are planning a trip to Arizonz in November until M any of next year.
my question is do I deserve some of his social security money in order to live? The camper and a $50,000 truck are in both names. If he makes this trip the value of these two vehicles will lose a lot of value. I have no way of seeing a lawyer or the money to do so. I sure could use and answer to these questions. Thanking you in advance.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
I am sorry, but I having trouble understanding your post. You were narrating in third person, now you are asking a question in first person. Could you review your entire post, make appropriate corrections, properly identify all the parties, and resubmit?
Thank you for your cooperation.