Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I need out of an abusive marriage. I make a lot of money he

Customer Question

I need out of an abusive marriage. I make a lot of money he contributes nothing except alcoholism, dysfunction, physical damage, property damage, etc. We've only been married a year in July but he seems to think ill pay him what I did my last ex which was over $200k. Help I've been so isolated and abused since my sister died on my birthday 2 years ago ( got married on the 1 year anniversary of her death and my 49 th bday. I make over 200k a year and just want to protect my retirement and stop being abused by a 38 year old selfish dysfunctional alcoholic who has been lying to State of Illinois for 5 years with his blow machine.
Regards, Angela
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello Angela
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
I am sorry to hear of this situation you are enduring.
Did you know your husband was an alcoholic when you married him? Did he hide it from you?
Does he work?
And you think he would agree to a divorce as long as you paid him a settlement after 1 year?