Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

In California (Orange County) how long does a court order

Customer Question

In California (Orange County) how long does a court order mediation last? Is it just a one time thing? What if all the issues cannot be covered in the allotted time on a single day ? Is there an option to continue the mediation on another day till there
is an agreement or is it a one time only event ?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardGenerally, they are 1 to 2 hour sessions depending on the issues. Keep in mind, the mediator is only there to help faciliate the matters and communication between the parties. If the time allotted and paid for has expired and the mediator and the parties feel that all issues can be resolved with more time, then another paid session can be scheduled. If not, then the court will decide any remaining issues for the parties. Sometimes, one an initial session is complete and the parties have come to an agreement on some of the issues, they my opt to work out the remaining issues on their own. That can then be delivered to the mediator for the recommendations to the court. So in other words, if the session has gone well, but paid time is up, tell the mediator you want to continue discussions on your own on the remaining issues and will report to them within a week the results. Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.​Thank you