Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have a question. Im the non custodial parent of a 3 year old girl I get to have he

Customer Question

hello I have a question. Im the non custodial parent of a 3 year old girl I get to have her every other weekend. My question is that the mother of my child is going to jail on Friday for traffic tickets, does she have to give me my daughter before she goes to jail? if yes then what do I do if she gives her to somebody else? . Also is there a chance that I could get full custody because of her going to jail for a few days? Also the mother of my daughter wont tell me where they live and my 3 year old girl tells me some guy named Jason babysits her and changes her diapers. Do I have a right to know where they live and who this guy is that babysits her is?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Would you mind sharing with me if there is any formal custody order in place at this time or is the custody informally agreed to with you and the mother? Also, if there is a court order, does it require the mother to tell you where they reside and give you a right of first refusal if the mother can not care for the child and needs to leave her with someone else?