Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I current live in nyc want to move to pa... its only 1hr and

Customer Question

I current live in nyc want to move to pa... its only 1hr and 20 min the father dose pay child support court order and has every other weekends court order visitation my son lives with me and always has can I take him
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Does your custody order prohibit moves? Have you provided the notice to the father of the move?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No one has full custody I think we both do..I did speak with him
Thank you for your reply.
Is there any custody order from the court at all? What was his response to the move?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None at all.. He first said its fine then said I have to sign a contract stating I have to bring to him a pick him up for him every other weekend I'm willing to drop him off on sat morning but he has to meet me some where .. It just upsets me that a part time day can have such an impact on mine and my family's wanted to do better
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He only see him every other weekend it a train ride away
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not even 2 hrs If I moved to Brooklyn witch is in New York still just different Burough I can't cause it's to far it's just so unfair
Thank you for your reply. If he were to object and take you to court over this the court would generally make you share the duty of transportation, with one parent bringing and the other picking up or vice versa. So, the court is likely going to allow this, but you need to work out the travel for visitation and as long as that is worked out even if he were to try to stop you by going to court the court would allow ig.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I happen to move before everything is finally in court what can happen??? Can they forse me to come back neat if he calls the cops on me???
Thank you for your reply.The worst they could do is the NY court could order you to move back if they find the move unreasonable