FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

My name is ***** ***** ny and I have a divorce from tn in

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** ny and I have a divorce from tn in 2010 and my ex is supposed to pay health insurance for our now aged 23 and 20 year old children as per the divorce until the insurance company stops that at age 26, but she is telling the kids she is going to cut it off in jan of 2016, its considered domestic support obligations as the allamony that I pay her until next june, how can I make sure she still has to pay that as per the divorce. thanks
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Good evening. Would you mind sharing with me why she thinks she can just stop paying when she has to pay until the age of 26?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's just the way she is the more she can get of the better for her
Thank you. The court order is legally binding and she must comply. She can say whatever she wants now but if she fails to pay as ordered, she would be in violation of the court order. What they means is that you could then file a motion to hold her in contempt of court and ask the Judge to compel her to perform. Through a court action/order, she will be required to pay. If not, the Judge may impose fines, jail or go after wages to satisfy the payments owed. Only through a court order could she stop paying and there would need to be a substantial change in circumstances for that to happen and a reason that she can not afford it.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!