LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

Can I get visitation granddaughter in California? My granddaughter is almost four

Customer Question

Can I get visitation for my granddaughter in California?
My granddaughter is almost four and I have been taking care of her almost every weekend while since she was born. she also lived in my house with her parents for almost 6 months with her mother and almost one year with her father.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
California, of all state in the US, tends to have the most liberal visitation laws for grandparents and other people who have been in the life of a child.
California Family Code Section 3103 specifically holds: “The court may grant reasonable visitation to a grandparent of a minor child of a party to the proceeding if the court determines that visitation by the grandparents is in the best interest of the child."
The tremendous amount of time that you have cared for your granddaughter in her lifetime make it extremely likely that you will be granted reasonable visitation with her if you petition the CA court for visitation.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
This seems like a very serious situation for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might better suit your needs. If you are interested, I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. All you need do is accept the offer if you would like me to call.
Thanks in advance,
Doug