Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

DUring a divorce in 1987, I signed a quitclaim on a timeshare.

Customer Question

DUring a divorce in 1987, I signed a quitclaim on a timeshare. My ex is selling it and they lost my signed document (and I have moved so can't find my divorce decree.
The paperwork to sign one now is in my former married name and no one will notarize it for me. Urgent to get past this. How?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Did you get a name change as part of the divorce (included in the divorce decree) or afterwards? Have you brought that decree with you to show that you're the same person?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I can't find any of that paperwork. I realize if I had the name change I could probably get it notarized. Paperwork lost in truck accident six years ago during move
California doesn't seem to be able to find any...any of my info!
Thank you. Have you contacted the court that issued the name change to get copies of the order? Or have you inquired about putting your name "FKA" (formerly known as) your previous name?