Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

North Carolina opened up a child support case my son lives

Customer Question

Hi! North Carolina opened up a child support case my son lives in Leavenworth ks can I respond back in NC with the same case and joint custody
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Due to I live in NC since the case is there can I respond back with a joint custody case in in NC send they opened up a case that I haven't went to court yet.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
I am sorry, but I am having trouble understanding your posts. Could you review them, put them together, make corrections, put appropriate punctuation marks, and resubmit?
Thank you for your cooperation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I live in Charlotte North Carolina they just opened up a child support case which I have to go to court. my son live in Leavenworth ks with his mom, no one has custody. Can I file for a motion for modified child support and joint custody. Due to the child support case that's open in Charlotte NC.
Thank you for the information.
Response: You only file for modification on existing Orders. If there is no existing Order, then you cannot file for modification. However, you must file a response to the child support case. You can also file Complaint for Joint Custody if there is no custody complaint already filed. If one has been filed with the child support case, then you need to file a response and then ask for joint custody.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I file in north Carolina. The child support and joint custody
You have to file a response where the case is currently pending.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I just found out that child support inforcement agency reopened up a new child support order here in Charlotte NC. My son lives in Leavenworth Ks can I file for joint custody and modified child support here in Charlotte North Carolina do to a case is opened in NC.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any idea what forms I need to file