Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Child Custody matter under submission has been filed, mailed & received. Can I file a

Customer Question

Child Custody matter under submission has been filed, mailed & received. Can I file a clarification and objection to ruling to postpone following order without being in contempt of new ruling?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a Family Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
You could file a motion for clarification of the order if there is something ambiguous in there that makes the order confusing or not understandable. Also, you could file a motion for a temporary stay of the order to stop the enforcement of the order until the clarification is given by the court.
Obtaining the order staying the enforcement of the order would be the only way to prevent you from being in contempt.