Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am drafting the response to a recent motion for

Customer Question

I am drafting the response to a recent motion for modification on an original SAPCR Child resides with me, NCP and has for over 2 years. We reside in a separate county than where the original order was finalized. I have already filed a motion to transfer.
On my response and counter-petition, I have the following questions: 1.) Second paragraph, titled JURISDICTION. I am adding this to my special exceptions. I have the verbiage under the main special exceptions titled, "Subject to and without waiver of her motion
to transfer venue,". Do I need to add it to every special exception? 2.) In general, with my special exceptions, do I need to ask for something or leave that up to the petitioner to figure out? I have stated why the pleading is in error/untrue but do I need
to tell them what it should be corrected to?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
1.) Second paragraph, titled JURISDICTION. I am adding this to my special exceptions. I have the verbiage under the main special exceptions titled, "Subject to and without waiver of her motion
to transfer venue,". Do I need to add it to every special exception?

While there is no hard and fast rule, it is best to do so when in doubt.
2.) In general, with my special exceptions, do I need to ask for something or leave that up to the petitioner to figure out?
No, the Respondent wants to ask for a remedy from the Court for each special exception.
I have stated why the pleading is in error/untrue but do I need

I am afraid that untruths generally cannot fall under special exceptions. Special exceptions are reserved for things like ambiguous language, or, or, not sufficiently identify the facts and basis supporting Petitioner's allegations.
Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I want to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.
Gentle Reminder: Please, use the REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or rate positively and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.