Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I need to know as soon as possible please if you can

Customer Question

hello i need to know as soon as possible please if you can help me with this, a friend of mine called in panic told me his ex girlfriend and daughter(which is also his biological daughter) might be loosing her daughter to child protective services tomorrow. long story short, can he get his daughter so they wont take her into services? the mother is not going to have anywhere to go, so i think this is the reason that they were called in the first place. he lives in georga, never married and has signed paternal documents, but didnt have legitimate process.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
We cannot represent your friend, that is prohibited by state law.
Your friend can get custody of the child if he has signed an acknowledgement of paternity. Your friend needs to get the mother to fill out and he needs to file a petition for temporary guardianship of a minor in the GA probate court. Here are the forms: https://www.gaprobate.org/forms/forms10/fillable-pdf/10gpcsf28consolidated.pdf
He needs to get to court first thing tomorrow and he should get an attorney involved as soon as possible because when dealing with Child Protection, their social workers are some of the most incompetent, negligent and abusive people he will ever deal with. They act on their personal bias and take sides and then do whatever they can to act on those biases. Having an attorney can greatly increase his chances of success in these cases because with an attorney child protection cannot play their silly games.