Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
Experience:  I have assisted many customers and clients with their family law questions and I'm experienced in family law litigation.
45002201

I have a Civil Rights case, I think a good one I would like

Customer Question

I have a Civil Rights case, I think a good one I would like to bring against the state of Wyoming, related to the court refusing to enforce the remedial sanctions ordered by the judge, which in refusing to enforce, has contributed to the parental alienation
of my children. I live in Indiana, so would file the suite in Federal Court (I assume). When looking for an attorney, do I look in Wyoming, or do I look in Indiana?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.
Yes, if you have a civil rights case against the state, you would want to file that in federal court. For reference, here is the statute you would most likely use: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/1983
Since the case would need to be filed in Wyoming, you would want a Wyoming lawyer, although an Indiana lawyer licensed in Wyoming would work, too.