FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

My daughter was born in FL, But her father pays child support

Customer Question

My daughter was born in FL, But her father pays child support in the state of AL. We have no custody or visitation agreement between us. We are planning on moving back to FL soon, Do I need to give him notice of the move?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Without any order in place through the courts, a parent would not need to give another parent notice, if they want to relocate out of State. Had there been court ordered visitation or custody, then notice would need to be given. However, if that was never obtained or sought, there would be no requirement on the parent relocating, to provide notice of the move.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.