Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have guardianship of 2 girls ages 10 and 12. I have had the

Customer Question

I have guardianship of 2 girls ages 10 and 12. I have had the since they were 4 and 6. The has had little to no contact with them. We had always encouraged him to at least call. He had not seen them for almost 3 years when he was invited to their 9 and 11 birthday party. They did not even know what he looked like they had to ask. Again I encouraged phone calls. So far no calls. The youngest was so truamatised by actions at the party that she wet the bed for a week. I feel that physical contact with them at this time would be harmful to their mental health.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:
Do you have court ordered guardianship of the children? Do the parents have court ordered visitation rights? In which state are you located?
I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.