Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My son has just turn 18 and graduated from high school in the

Customer Question

my son has just turn 18 and graduated from high school in the state of Georgia. I am required to pay a sum of 400.00 per month for two children. Do i still have to pay 400.00 per month or can i prorate this support to half which would be 200.00 per month until the other child turns 18?
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardYou can file a Motion to Terminate the Child Support for the older child. However, because of cost of living, it is possible the court will continue the current $400 payment.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
And it is also possible that the court may increase the payment for the other child. So it's a risk. But you cannot simply stop paying the Ordered amount until the court reduces it for the other child. So the Motion to Terminate the Child Support for the older child would need to be filed for consideration.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
If you check with the clerk of the court where the current order has been issued, they can give you that form to file.