Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have a child who will be 3 in a couple of months. My ex husband

Customer Question

I have a child who will be 3 in a couple of months. My ex husband signed the birth cert. and shares equal custody and expenses. An ex boyfriend claims the child is his. He got out of jail and is now saying he is going to force us into a paternity test on our child. Can he get a court order to do this? Our child has a loving father who was there during the pregnancy, birth and everything in between.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Do you think there is an merit to his claim? Were you married and with the father of the child when you were pregnant?