Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am a father who lives in Tennessee and my daughter and her mother reside in North Caroli

Customer Question

I am a father who lives in Tennessee and my daughter and her mother reside in North Carolina. The mother of my child has told me I cannot come and visit with my daughter, or bring her home and visit during the summer. In the past I was granted permission by my ex-wife to bring our daughter to my home for 2 weeks during the summer in the year of 2012, 2013. I also see my daughter at my mother’s house In North Carolina at least 3 times a year. I call my daughter at least 2 times a week. In 2014 the mother of my child told me I could not take my daughter for another visit because during a conversation I told her I have rights. She then stated if I wanted to visit with my daughter I was to meet her at a notary and sign away custody of my daughter. Or I cannot visit with my daughter (which I have recorded in the state of TN). I do not have the funds to hire a lawyer and have been saving for the past year to get a lawyer. However the savings has been put to medical treatment for myself and f
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. To clarify, ARE there custody orders in place for the child If so, what do they state about your visitation rights?
Or, there are no such orders in place?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.