Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

This is a 3 part question. I am currently divorced and having

Customer Question

This is a 3 part question. I am currently divorced and having been paying my child support, for 8 years, and am caught up. My payment is 500 a month.
According to our divorce decree, I am also to pay 50% of medical and child care expenses.
In January of 2010, I went on disability, and child support was payed by my social security fund, and it was over 703 a month.
Would I not get credit for the extra 203 a month that was payed to her for the 3.25 year period I was on disability. She has been payed close to 8000 over what the standard Child support payments would have been.
Part II, sorry if this is long winded. My 15 year old daughter has chosen to live with me, and I want custody. Her mother refuses to pay for anything(new clothes etc, medical bills)now that she is with me.
It seems like she is trying to blackmail or extort money from me to prevent me from going to court. My questions are should I pursue custody. Also she is she commiting cs fraud
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.
You said that it's a three part question, but only two parts posted. Can you take a look and re-post what's missing? I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Also, how many children are there? Is it only the 15 year old? Is child support currently being paid through the state or do you pay her directly?