How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11730
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This is a 3 part question. I am currently divorced and having

Customer Question

This is a 3 part question. I am currently divorced and having been paying my child support, for 8 years, and am caught up. My payment is 500 a month.
According to our divorce decree, I am also to pay 50% of medical and child care expenses.
In January of 2010, I went on disability, and child support was payed by my social security fund, and it was over 703 a month.
Would I not get credit for the extra 203 a month that was payed to her for the 3.25 year period I was on disability. She has been payed close to 8000 over what the standard Child support payments would have been.
Part II, sorry if this is long winded. My 15 year old daughter has chosen to live with me, and I want custody. Her mother refuses to pay for anything(new clothes etc, medical bills)now that she is with me.
It seems like she is trying to blackmail or extort money from me to prevent me from going to court. My questions are should I pursue custody. Also she is she commiting cs fraud
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.
You said that it's a three part question, but only two parts posted. Can you take a look and re-post what's missing? I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Also, how many children are there? Is it only the 15 year old? Is child support currently being paid through the state or do you pay her directly?