Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am 71 and my husband is 58. He is still working and I am

Customer Question

I am 71 and my husband is 58. He is still working and I am not. I am an LPN trying to find a job in my nursing field, but having a hard time finding employment. I feel it is my age but of course, nobody would answer to this. My husband is trying to get me to move out as he feels I am not paying my share of the rent. I pay for my own bills and my own groceries. He is making my life miserable and I feel the marriage is over. We have been married almost 4 years but only lived together 1 and 1/2 as I left him once but came back to try again. Mistake. We live in Seattle but I want to go back to Florida where I have family and people who will talk to me (he won't). All I want is enough to go back to florida with my belongings. He feels I owe him. Do I have rights to ask for this?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.
What is your husband claiming you owe him? Do you have any joint accounts?