Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
19958803

My ex husband and I have joint physical and legal custody of

Customer Question

my ex husband and I have joint physical and legal custody of our son. Im very ill so the son live with his faher. My ex lets me see my son once every six months,in violation of our custody agreement. He has even denied visitation with my father and every other rue laid out in themediation agreement - doctoctor visits, religious, school...thing we have to agree on before he can make decisions. What do I do?
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ex huband will nit allow my father (inTX) to see George but he is allowed to see his other grandparents all the time and goes on vacation with them.. My father doesnt even get to see and hug hi. I have bee out of work for 2 years with serious phsyical disabilities and my ex say that if I cnt paythe ull support then I cant see George. In short, he said "when you act like hismother Ill treat you look his mother." What is my recourse? This cant be legal.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
If the father is not following the order set out by the court with regard to visitation, then your recourse here is to file a "motion for contempt" with the court that put the visitation order in place. That will force him to appear in front of the judge and explain why he is willfully violating the judge's orders regarding visitation. The judge can then penalize him from a verbal reprimand, to fines, to modifying the custody order to give you more custodial time.
.
.
thanks