Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Is it legal to send the emails i found that were sent between

Customer Question

is it legal to send the emails i found that were sent between my ex fiancé and his married girlfriend to her husband? I feel like he has a right to know what his wife has been doing for the last 4 months. she is married and has four young kids. maybe if he knows, then there can be a chance for their family to recover.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a Family Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
If you found the email by searching through your fiance's emails without permission, etc., then it is not likely a good idea to share the information with anyone because you could be criminally charged with a illegally accessing his private emails, etc. So, the manner in which you obtained the information would be critical in your decision to share the information.
Basically, if he didn't give you the emails, you probably shouldn't share them.....but you could tell the girlfriend's husband about the relationship and if they divorce, etc., he can subpoena computer records, emails, etc.