Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My son does not have custody of my 15 year old grand daughter,

Customer Question

My son does not have custody of my 15 year old grand daughter, but until her last school year we have shared custody with her mother. We had her mother's full knowledge and permission to take her on vacation with our family, but now my grand daughter's mother is angry with her because she was not home to babysit her boyfriend's son last weekend. Every time she texts her she is angry about something and says my grand daughter is a bitch and she will be a "better bitch when she gets back home." My grand daughter does not want to go back to her mother, and neither do we. Her mother is not a good mother. What happens if we refuse to bring her back?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good evening. Just to be clear, neither you or your son have custody? Custody is solely with the mother and she allows the child to stay with you?