ANDREA,
ANDREA,, Lawyer
Experience:  25 yrs Family Law, Real Estate & Business Law, Criminal Defense, Immigration, Employment Law
20073497

I was served with an income and expense declaration on May

Customer Question

I was served with an income and expense declaration on May 16th via proof of service by mail. It was mailed to me on May 11th and I didn't recive it until May 16th. How long do have to file a response/contest things I diagree with from her filing? I have NOT been served a summons yet! They have tried unsuccessfully! I've just been served the income and expense declaration through (proof of service by mail) by her lawyer....BELOW IS FROM THE CASE REPORT-
INCOME AND EXPENSE DECLARATION FILED BY Wife (FL-150) 05/13/2015 -PROOF OF SERVICE BY MAIL OF PTNRS IED;SCH OF ASSETS;BLANK IED ON Stephen WITH MAILING DATE OF 05/11/15 FILED (NON-COMPLAINT)
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ANDREA, replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to Answer your question and the only thing I ask in return is that you leave a positive rating. This will not cost you anything, but it is the only way that the website will give me credit for assisting you, Fair enough ?

I have researched the California Code of Civil Procedure relating to divorce proceedings and also reviewed the 3-page Form FL-150, but there is no time specified as to when it must be filed. The Rule applied by the Court where the Code is silent as to time frame is that the parties must file all forms necessary in their divorce proceedings in a timely manner so that the proceedings are not unreasonably delayed because of the inaction of one of the parties.

____________________________________________

Please be kind enough to leave a positive rating so that the website will give me credit for assisting you.

Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated,

Kindest Regards,

ANDREA